Thank you for your interest in the Buy It Local Holiday gift auction. We deeply appreciate the support of all our donors and bidders. All proceeds from this auction benefit WPBS, a registered non-profit organization, and allow us to serve communities across Northern New York and Eastern Ontario with inspiring educational media content.
The number to call to place a bid: 315-782-8600
- By bidding you are engaging in a binding agreement with WPBS. We count on all successful bidders to fulfill their obligation to pay for and pick up their items. High bidders that do not pick up confirmed lots will be required to make payment at time of confirmation in future auctions or may be restricted from bidding.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to bid.
- The values shown for each item have been provided to us by the donor. All lots are in as is condition and are not exchangeable or refundable. Some items may need conservation and/or restoration.
- All bids and payments must be in U.S. funds only and are subject to New York State sales tax.
- WPBS reserves the right to revise the schedule at any time.
- We will ship certificates only and they are subject to limitations and restrictions as described on-air. WPBS is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. All other items must be picked up at the WPBS studio at 1056 Arsenal Street, Watertown, New York.
All lots require an opening bid indicated in red on the board.
You will see lots on Boards A and B two times before they are sold and bidding on these boards must increase by at least $1. You will see items on all other boards multiple times before they are sold. Bidding will increase, at least, by increments of $5 on the Silver Board, featuring lots valued from $250 to $499, bidding increments of $10 on Gold Board, featuring lots valued from $500 to $999, and bidding increments $25 on the Platinum Board featuring items valued at $1,000 and more.
Before calling, make note of the lot number you’re bidding on and the board it is on. When placing a bid, provide your name, address, and a telephone number where you can be reached within 24 hours for confirmation. The high bid is not always represented on the board as multiple operators are taking bids on all lots at all times. In the event of a tie, each bidder will be asked for the highest bid they wish to place, and the high bidder will prevail.
All high bidders will receive a confirming phone call. Do not come to Pick Up & Pay until you have received a confirmation call. Calls are only made until 11 pm during the auction. All high bidders after 11 pm will be contacted tomorrow. If you receive a confirmation message, you have 24-hours to respond before the lot is offered to another bidder or is rescheduled in the auction.
The auction is also streaming online at wpbstv.org and on the WPBS-TV Facebook page. Due to the nature of internet streaming, the online broadcast may be slightly delayed based on your internet service. Please be aware that boards may close in the studio before they appear to close online.
If your winning bid is $1 or more over the lot value, you’ll have your choice of one of the following free gifts (while supplies last):
- 1000 islands River Rat Cheese $5.00 Gift Certificate
- Yellow Barn Winery $5.00 Gift Certificate
- Burrville Cider Mill Gallon of cider and shopping bag
- 3 Bears Bakery a choice of 2 cookies
- Byrne Diary $5.00 Gift Certificates.
Pick Up and Pay
Items must be picked up and paid for by 6 p.m. on Friday, November 22. High bidders that do not pick up their items will be required to submit payment at confirmation in future auctions or be restricted from bidding. If you have multiple items to pick up, please call ahead and we will prepare your pickup in advance.
Pick Up and Pay Hours
Friday, November 8
6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Saturday, November 9
4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Sunday, November 10 – Friday, November 15
10:00 am -6:00 pm
Saturday, November 16 –
10 am – 4 pm
Sunday, November 17
Monday, November 18 – Friday, November 22
10:00 am – 6:00pm
If any donor or buyer experiences any difficulties, we urge you to contact us immediately so that we can resolve the issue for you in a satisfactory manner. Thanks again for your support of the Buy It Local Holiday Gift Auction!